Friday, May 18, 2012

The Day Before I Become a Doctor

You may think that even though I've finished all my required credits, fulfilled all my hours of rotations, passed my boards, and signed a sweet residency contract that I'm pretty much already considered a "doctor". Well, not quite. Tomorrow's my graduation day and as far as I'm concerned, I won't officially be Dr. Boylan until I walk across that stage. 


It has been a whirlwind of a week, coming back up to campus for all the graduation week events. Dinners with the class, meetings with the Dean, a big fat envelope from financial aid telling me I basically owe a gazillion dollars..... And finally my family will all be arriving this evening. I am overwhelmed with emotion and excitement. Even just sitting in Panera right now writing this post, I'm looking around thinking, "Here I am just an ordinary woman, but in 24 hours I'll be a doctor."

Anyways, I have lots to go do (like enjoy this gorgeous weather we're having up in Maine). I just want to thank all my friends and family in advance who are taking time out of their busy schedules to come celebrate this exciting event with me. I love you guys!

My last time on campus as a medical student.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Other posts you might like....