Thursday, October 27, 2011

The Sniffles

A virus has infested our house. The cold virus, to be exact. Started out with the little man (who has since almost fully recovered), then my hubby, and now me. Thankfully it seems like it's quick cold since my husband's already on the mend. But me, right now, I'm in the full blown sick-mode. I called in sick too, which I rarely do, but I really hate exposing other people (especially if it's not necessary I'm there). Of course when I'm a actually a doctor, calling in sick is typically not an option. 

I have to admit, I really hate staying home sick. It's not exactly like it's a "day off". You can't do anything, you're miserable, and you feel useless (at least I do). I am not one to just sit around and be lazy. The more I have to do, the better. I'm more productive when I'm busy. So to sleep in or sit on the couch and do nothing is killing me right now. Hopefully I can kick this cold's butt and get back in action tomorrow for my last day of my rotation. Another four weeks done, and then I'm on to the next one. In the mean time I'll be slurping down some homemade soup and catching up on emails and paperwork. 

Oh yeah, I almost forgot that I need to get a flu shot!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Other posts you might like....