Saturday, August 13, 2011

One Step Closer

I survived my Step 2 board exams. Weeks of studying, 400 questions, and eight hours later.... I'm still alive. I won't know for a few weeks if I passed or not. The thing is, I don't just want to pass. I want to do well so that I have an edge going into the residency application & interview process. So we'll see. I'm confident that all the hard work and effort I put in will pay off. 

In the mean time I bought a killer suit for the upcoming interview season. I start my first showcase rotation on Monday. So I figured just in case I get asked if I wanted to interview while I'm there, I better be prepared. I'm a strong believer in the idea that you need to dress to impress, which is hopefully what a $400 suit from Banana Republic will do. 

I've also been working on finishing up my residency application. I've had to write a personal statement, which is a page-long essay of sorts talking about why you chose to pursue the field you chose, as well as bragging a bit about what makes you an awesome doctor. It's actually not a very easy task writing about yourself. I'd like to think that writing this blog for the last few months has helped me refine my writing skills. 

Well, that's where I'm at right now. It's been such a relief to get my board exam out of the way, but now it's just onto another obstacle to tackle (meaning my residency application), then it'll be interviews, all while doing Sub-Interships in family medicine. Oh yeah, I have to be a wife and a mother too! Should be an interesting next few months. Naturally, I'll keep you updated :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Other posts you might like....