Tuesday, April 17, 2012

It's not the man that makes the mustache, but the mustache that makes the man.

My husband turned 30 last week and I wanted to do something fun and unique to celebrate. So what better than having a mustache bash? I've always poked fun at him for not being able to grow too much facial hair, despite all of our friends being able to create facial hair masterpieces. It was the job of all the (male) guests to show up wearing their best mustaches, and I provided ones for those (women) who couldn't muster one up for themselves.

I've never heard of a mustache bash before until I saw it on Pinterest. Apparently it's a popular theme for a little boy's party or a baby shower for a woman having a boy. My first order of business was making mustaches and bow ties on a stick. Then I went hunting for anything mustache-related. I was quite surprised at just how much mustache paraphernalia there is! I got these cute little mustache picks to top off the Irish car bomb cupcakes I made. Then there were the mustache straws to drink some Boylan root beer with. My all time favorite were the mustache finger tattoos.





Everyone got to vote for their favorite mustaches, and the winner went home with a new razor and shaving kit (if they so choose to actually shave off the "award winning" mustache). Really what more do you need than some good friends and sweet 'staches? We had such a fun time, and it was by far my favorite themed party. My hubby is not only 30, but officially a man now. A man with a mustache... sort of.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Other posts you might like....