Sunday, March 18, 2012

A Perfect Match

As you all know from the buildup the last few months, this past friday was The Match. The day in which the future of every fourth year medical student is decided. Of course they have to torture you by having you wait until exactly 1pm to get that oh-so-important email. Each school has it's own way of doing The Match. Some have ceremonies where students get envelopes and they all open them at the same time. Others have each student read out individually in front of the class where they matched. My school's kinda lame and we don't have anything like that. We just get an email.

So my day started like any other. I woke up, went to the gym to distract myself..... hours later, minutes before 1 o'clock, my husband and I are sitting next to each other couch waiting. At exactly 1pm I open up my email to find that I have matched at NH-Dartmouth Family Medicine Residency. My first choice. The joy and happiness of it all just overcame me. Along with a sense of complete and utter relief. The last fiver years of our lives culminated in this moment. This is what you work so hard for in medical school, to get the residency of your dreams. And I did.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Other posts you might like....