Monday, September 19, 2011

I'm a Big Kid Now!

My little bug is a little over 14 months now and I can't believe how fast he is growing up. He's finally mastered the art of walking, which has actually made my life a little easier because I don't always have to carry him. We can actually run around at the park, and he chases the dog around the house non-stop all day. He also had his very first dentist appointment today, which sadly I couldn't go to because I was working, but dad says he was such a good boy. They even took a picture of him with his new toothbrush and printed it out for us!

Also, we recently bought him a potty. I'm aware that it's probably way too soon to expect my child to learn how to control his bladder, but I figured we'd just introduce the potty to him. So each night before his bath, we sit him on the potty just for the fun of it. Well, tonight he actually peed in it! Then he stood up. Then he peed more on the floor. Well, he at least he half understood the concept. I'm still a very proud mama.

I feel like time is totally flying by. The other day I did a well child exam on a two week old and I was so amazed at how tiny the little baby was. It's hard to think my little man was that small once. Now he's this walking, talking, peeing-on-the-potty machine.... and superman.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Other posts you might like....